Rates Watch was established in February 2009 in order to assist property owners with objections and appeals with South African Municipalities. We soon realised that there was a need to address all property rates related issues and we have grown steadily over the years due to our outstanding success rate – above 95%.
Rates Watch is built on honesty and integrity, complying strictly with legislation. We do not accept an appointment if there are no grounds for the dispute. We work closely with both individuals and corporates, creating an ongoing relationship to continually assist with their rates-related issues.
Our professional team is able to analyse all aspects of the Municipal Property Rates Act including:
- Valuations & categories
- Property rates
- Compliance with the Municipal Property Rates Act.
- Monitor the advertising of new valuation and supplementary valuation rolls
- Lodging of objections (section 50 of the Act)
- Analysing the decision of the Municipal Valuer
- Obtaining reasons from the Municipal Valuer
- Consideration of reasons provided by the Municipal Valuer (section 53 of the Act)
- Lodging of appeals (section 54 of the Act)
- Representation at appeal board hearings
- Request for a supplementary valuation (section 78 of the Act)
- Reconciliation of rates accounts
- Rates account queries
- Comments on rates policies during the public participation process
The Rates Watch Team
Past president, South African Institute of Valuers, Ex Deputy Director Valuations Tshwane, Fellow and Life Member of the South African Institute of Valuers. Part of the task team responsible for the drafting of the Municipal Property Rates Act of 2004.
Ex-Treasurer City of Boksburg, ex-Director of Income, Ekurhuleni Metro with 24 years of municipal experience.
Professional Valuer, Member of the South African Institute of Valuers, with more than 20 years of experience in municipal property valuations.
Professional Valuer, Member of the South African Institute of Valuers, with more than 10 years of experience in municipal property valuations.
Professional Associated Valuer, Member of the South African Institute of Valuers, with more than 10 years of experience in municipal property valuations.